Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Act II Scene I











Independent Reading Reflection


Scene I is far from a bore. Puck is quite the trickster and I find him to be really comical. I don't really understand how this whole predicament between Oberon and Titania come from. The Indian Boy is really random. Also, I wonder why Oberon and Titania seem not to be exactly civil with each other? I feel as though Oberon is kind of the head honcho of the fairies and Titania is in a useless struggle to be equal or more powerful than him. Though he controls all males and she controls the females, it seems to me that if Oberon was to give a command that most of the females as well as the males would do his bidding. I also wonder why Oberon cares to help Helena...
After Class Discussion Reflection
Oberon and Titania's relationship is strange and is not 'normal' as we would see it today in modern society. Their relationship is not really loving, but it is more of a convenience. Almost as if the two most powerful faires were brought together to lead the people. Oberon's intentions for placing Titania under the flower's juice-potion spell is very childish. Normally a man would let his lady have the thing that she desires before himself, but instead he is just as selfish as she.

No comments:

Post a Comment